Events in the city
The city’s events agenda features something fun and exciting almost every month. Combine your visit to any of the events in the city with a luxury overnight stay.
- 30 June 2013 - 7 July 2013 Citrix World Port Tournament Baseball / Neptunus Familie Stadion
World-class baseball teams compete in this 12th edition of Europe’s biggest baseball event.
- 7 July 2013 - 7 July 2013 Metropolis Festival / Zuiderpark
An annual open-air music festival. Unique, adventurous, unusual and trendsetting, it’s a perfect chance for everyone to discover excellent, innovative and surprising talent. The programme is a mixture of pop, rock, hiphop, world music and dance.
- 12 July 2013 - 14 July 2013 Port of Rotterdam North Sea Jazz Festival / Ahoy Rotterdam
World-famous jazz festival encompasses the past, present and future of jazz, from traditional New Orleans jazz, free jazz and avant-garde jazz to electronic jazz. North Sea Jazz also includes blues, funk, soul, R&B, hip-hop and Latin.
- 20 July 2013 - 21 July 2013 StreetScience (tbc) / BIRD
International hiphop festival opens up various facets of hiphop to a broader audience.
- 24 July 2013 - 28 August 2013 Fit For Free Wednesday Night Skate / Binnenrotte
The Wednesday Night Skate brings out thousands of skaters for a friendly and active evening. The 13km course is suitable for all sorts of skaters - young and old, quads and inlines.
- 9 August 2013 - 11 August 2013 Duizel in het Park / Vroesenpark
The Vroesenpark becomes an oasis of literature, visual art, theatre and music.
- 10 August 2013 - 10 August 2013 Boothstock / Zuiderpark
Boothstock Festival – A Celebration of Progressive Electronic Dance Music focuses on the creative story behind the dj. That is why the line up only features dj’s who produce tracks as well.
- 14 August 2013 - 1 September 2013 Pleinbioscoop (Open-air cinema) / Museumpark
The biggest open-air cinema under the starry skies screens Hollywood smash hits, famous arthouse films and the highlights of world film.
- 18 August 2013 - 18 August 2013 City Racing Rotterdam / Centrum Rotterdam
Experience the Formula 1 live on the streets of Rotterdam! This unique racing event in the city centre offers spectacular demonstrations by first-class national and international race cars and drivers.
- 24 August 2013 - 25 August 2013 Noord Bruist Festival / Noordplein
On 24 and 25 August, the north of Rotterdam will transform the Noordplein for a free festival.
- 25 August 2013 - 25 August 2013 Day of Romantic Music (Dag van deRomantische Muziek) / Park bij de Euromast
Concerts will be held at various stages featuring elegant classic music and popular romantic tunes, gypsy music and arias.
- 31 August 2013 - 31 August 2013 OVG Veerhaven Concert / Veerhaven
A classical open-air concert in Rotterdam’s most charming harbour. Enjoy waterfront performances by the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra and others from the quay or in the comfort of your own sloop.
- 1 September 2013 - 1 September 2013 Ronde van Katendrecht / Deliplein
A legendary bicycle race on Rotterdam’s famous peninsula. Featuring theatre, live music, entertainment and attractions for the whole family.
- 6 September 2013 - 8 September 2013 Shantyfestival / Oude Haven
History will come to life in the oldest harbour area of Rotterdam. Ancient crafts, traditional costumes and historic ships and transport will ensure unique images of a bygone era.
- 6 September 2013 - 8 September 2013 World Port Days / Port of Rotterdam
A delight for people of all ages who love sailing ships, ports and maritime adventures. Spectacular demonstrations on the water, impressive ships and exciting port excursions.
- 6 September 2013 - 8 September 2013 Rotterdam Philharmonic Gergiev Festival 2013 / De Doelen a.o. venues
The festival presents a richly varied programme of opera, enchanting symphonic music, happenings and musical pearls with world-class artists.
- 6 September 2013 - 8 September 2013 Maritime Quarter / Leuvehaven, Wijnhaven en Oude Haven
History comes to live in Rotterdam’s oldest inner harbour. Time-honoured crafts, traditional folkwear and historic ships and vehicles paint a lovely picture.
- 7 September 2013 - 7 September 2013 De Nacht van de Kaap / Katendrecht
This is your chance to go on a musical pub crawl through Rotterdam’s most notorious neighbourhood. Witness the revival of Katendrecht’s former glory as the sailors quarters of the city during de Nacht van de Kaap.
- 13 September 2013 - 15 September 2013 The World of Witte de With / Witte de Withstraat
The three-day arts festival presents visual arts, architecture, theatre, dance, film and music. This year’s edition highlights drones (flying robots).
- 14 September 2013 - 15 September 2013 24 Hours of Culture / several locations
During the festival, the city will be dominated by theatre, dance, visual arts, music and film. Sample the upcoming cultural season and enjoy an appealing, diverse and surprising programme for 24 hours. Check out premières, see exceptional projects and take a peek behind the scenes.
- 19 September 2013 - 29 September 2013 De Keuze (The Choice) / Rotterdamse Schouwburg
12-day festival of theatre, media, music, thought-provoking performance and delicious drinks. An extraordinary selection of national and international theatre.
- 21 September 2013 - 21 September 2013 Rotterdam Harvest Festival / Heemraadsplein
Farmers from the greater Rotterdam area offer locally produced foods, mostly organic. The theme of this year’s edition is ‘Land of Milk and Honey’. There will also be music, tasty treats and children’s activities.
- 1 October 2013 - 31 October 2013 / Living Month Rotterdam / Rotterdam.info
Guides will lead you by bicycle through Rotterdam and show you the most surprising residential examples (and outdoor play areas) in the city. Home construction projects to skyscrapers, form children festival to vegetable patch
- 3 October 2013 - 13 October 2013 CIRQUE STILETTO 2 / Nieuwe Luxor Theater
In a dazzling show Ellen shows her fascinating version of this intriguing theme that Kurt Weill and Bertolt Brecht even inspired 80 years ago. ''A naughty girl of the circus, where she confesses her own seven deadly sins''
- 7 October 2013 - 13 October 2013 / Rotterdam Orgeldays
The festival honors the 'king of the musical' with a diverse program spread over several locations in the city. The theme this year is Antwerp!.
- 10 October 2013 - 13 October 2013 Architecture Film Festival Rotterdam / LantarenVenster
In the halls of the Rotterdam LantarenVenter cinema it's all about thinking about what has been and dreaming about the future. With films, television, debates and talk shows.
- 12 October 2013 - 16 March 2014 True citizens of Rotterdam / LP2 in Las Palmas
Museum Rotterdam goes one step further in October. The citizens of Rotterdam is held a mirror in a dynamic exhibition in LP2 where you can experience what makes Rotterdam and the citizens so incredibly 'Rotterdam'.
- 13 October 2013 - Gregory Porter / Concert and Congress hall de Doelen
Previous year Gregory Porter gave two sold-out concerts in LantarenVenster. Now he presents his new album in the Willem Burger Zaal, de Doelen, a concert that LantarenVenster and de Doelen organized together.
- 24 October 2013 - 27 October 2013 Peter Pan / Ahoy Rotterdam
Do you want to be overwhelmed by the extremely lively and most surprising arena show ever? That's good becaus.....PETER PAN IS BACK! Fly away to Neverland with spectacular projections, acrobats, dancers, singers and much more!
- 27 October 2013 Taste The Western Area Trade / Western Trade Area
During the walk through the Western Trade Area you can choose which of the six restaurants you want to visit. During this event, the restaurants will be selling their typical dishes. The menu is organized so that you experience a different taste in every restaurant.
- 8 November 2013 Van Velzen - The Rush Of Life / Luxor Theater Rotterdam
The kick that he gets from an alternate existence feeds his creativity. That produced a number of strong new songs and a new album: 'The Rush Of Life'.
- 9 November 2013 Readers Festival / Central Library
The library is transformed for this special evening. From the ground floor to the fourth floor you can enjoy presentations and interviews with established names and emerging talent.
- 14 November 2013 - 16 November 2013 Buma Rotterdam Beats / Various locations
This weekend Rotterdam is completely dominated by the international festival for urban bass and beats. During the day the conference (BRB by Day) takes place at three new locations: Bird, Rotterdam Bar and HipHopHuis.
- 16 November 2013 / Saint Nicholas entrance / Willemsplein
He is coming again! On Saturday, November 16th Saint Nicholas and his helpers are sailing on the boat the 'Majesty' into the Port of Rotterdam. All children are invited to come and sing at the arrival of Saint Nicholas at the Willemsplein.
- 16 November 2013 BLOWN AWAY / Submarine Wharf
BLOWN AWAY brings on November 16, less than 12 hours, even rawer location, a much more intense fusion of classical music and electronica and unique blend of high culture and now.
- 17 November 2013 - 30 April 2014 Sets by Erwin Olaf / New Institute
The exhibition focuses on the narrative character of interior as a decor and the interior as a model to fit the individual.
- 22 November 2013 - 23 November 2013 Night of the Proms / Ahoy Rotterdam
It is the unique mix of well-know classical melodies and pop evergreens, making this event pushing boundaries in the music. With great enthusiasm guides the permanent orchestra international pop artits who bring the audience with their greatest hits.
- 23 November 2013 - 24 November 2013 Songbird Festival / Concert and Congress Centre de Doelen
De Doelen Concert and Congress Centre is the venue for the third edition of the Songbird Festival. An event with live music in the genre young adult contemporary.
- 3 December 2013 KANE / Theatre Rotterdam
The Come Together Tourclub of the Hague band comes to Rotterdam. Valerius will preform before KANE takes the stage. Currently, the single 'First Crash Overtrow' is played frequently on the radio.
- 6 December 2013 Winterfair / Ahoy Rotterdam
A visit to the Winter Fair is a great experience for young and old. In a cozy atmosphere and enjoy buying, Christmas accessories and home decorations, wellness, travel, fashion and various tastings.
- 8 December 2013 Zilveren Kruis Bruggenloop Rotterdam / De Kuip
The 15 kilometer long run, Bruggenloop is over five bridges, including the Erasmus Bridge and van Brienenoordbrug. Along the trail are four DJs who will whip you up with their music. This year is the start and finish is next to De Kuip Stadium.
- 19 December 2013 - 1 April 2014 happily ever after show (8+) /Rotterdam Theatre
The fairytale parade was one of the biggest Christmas hits of the RO: a warm blanket of slapstick, conference, sing-along and magical transformations.
- 20 December 2013 - 29 December 2013 Christmas Circus / Ahoy Rotterdam
Humor, tenderness, excitement and wonder. These are all 42 years the solid ingredients of the Christmas Circus in Ahoy Rotterdam.
- 31 December 2013 National New Year / Boompjeskade
The New Year will be officially opened in Rotterdam with large fireworks! At midnight we count down together and we welcome 2014! Make sure you do not miss this spectacular New Year event!
For more information on how to enjoy and discover Rotterdam contact our Concierge via direct telephone number +31 (0)10 430 2418 or via email email@example.com.