Events in the city
The city’s events agenda features something fun and exciting almost every month. Combine your visit to any of the events in the city with a luxury overnight stay.
- 1 December 2012 - 2 June 2013 Topmodels / Maritiem Museum Rotterdam
Film clips and interviews illustrate the unique stories behind the most exceptional model ships from the museum’s collection.
- 6 April 2013 - 8 March 2015 Sea Palaces (Zeekastelen) / Maritiem Museum Rotterdam
Experience what it's like to spend a holiday on a cruise ship. Just like real passengers, visitors can wander through a maze of corridors along all types of cabins, they relax in the deck chairs by the pool and listen to the adventures of cruise passengers.
- 9 May 2013 - 9 May 2013 KNVB Cup Finals / De Kuip
The KNVB Cup Tournament dates back over 100 years; the first finals were played on 7 May 1899.
- 15 May 2013 - 19 May 2013 Shell Eco-marathon / Ahoy Rotterdam
The challenge is simple: to design, build and drive the most fuel-efficient vehicle.
- 20 May 2013 - 20 May 2013 Roparun / Coolsingel
The longest non-stop relay race in the world: from Paris and Hamburg to Rotterdam. The RoParun is also a fundraisor for people suffering from cancer.
- 25 May 2013 - 2 June 2013 Opera Days (Operadagen) Rotterdam / several locations
During this international opera festival, Operadagen Rotterdam will present international premières, opera on location and its own festival productions.
- 26 May 2013 - 23 June 2013 Summer Sundays / Park bij de Euromast
The Park by the Euromast sets the stage for the best Sundays in Rotterdam, presenting sizzling summer music and inspiringly imaginative theatre shows! Bring your picnic basket and a blanket to lie on, and enjoy!
- 1 June 2013 - 1 September 2013 Véronique Bourgoin: Vrai ou Faux? / Nederlands Fotomuseum
True or false? This question is central in the exhibition Véronique Bourgoin: VRAI OU FAUX? | TRUE OR FALSE ACT I & ACT II, which is on view in the Nederlands Fotomuseum from 1 June to 1 September 2013.
- 8 June 2013 - 9 June 2013 Verborgen Tuinen (Hidden Gardens) / several locations
Dozens of garden owners open their hidden green nooks to the public, revealing oases all across the city: from Vreewijk to Prinsenland and from Delfshaven to Kralingen.
- 8 June 2013 - 1 September 2013 25 Years Rotterdam City Collection / Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen
The exhibition includes works by Atelier Van Lieshout, Daan van Golden and Jeanne van Heeswijk, and offers a retrospective of the policy followed by the Rotterdam City Collection over the last 25 years.
- 8 June 2013 - 29 September 2013 Submarine Wharf - XXXL Painting / Submarine Wharf
Klaas Kloosterboer, Chris Martin and Jim Shaw think on a monumental scale and will fill the 5000m2 Submarine Wharf with paintings, installations and objects.
- 9 June 2013 - 9 June 2013 Ladiesrun / Ahoy Rotterdam
This race combines competitive running with shopping and good company.
- 11 June 2013 - 15 June 2013 Poetry International Festival / Rotterdamse Schouwburg
Poetry International is a festival for poetry from all over the world. The voices of the poets reading their work, the beauty of language and the encounters between the many different languages provide a rich diversity of poetry.
- 11 June 2013 - 16 June 2013 Rotterdam Unlimited / Centrum Rotterdam
Summer Carnival and Dunya Festival merge into a grand new international event. For six days, Rotterdam will be enveloped in colourful new music, dance, literature, theatre and carnival celebrations.
- 19 June 2013 - 23 June 2013 CHIO Rotterdam / CHIO Rotterdam
Top-ranking international equestrian sports in the elegant setting of the Kralingse Bos. Five days of jumping, dressage and equestrian shows, as well as enjoyment and entertainment.
- 20 June 2013 - 30 June 2013 Parade / Museumpark
The Parade festival caters to every taste. Nearly 80 different theatre, music and dance performances for audiences of all ages are scheduled for this summer’s edition, with live music every night in Café Correct and the Orangerie.
- 21 June 2013 - 22 June 2013 Day of Architecture (Dag van de Architectuur) / several locations
The theme of this year’s Day of Architecture is 24 hour Architecture. In Rotterdam we are programming this theme literary: the iconic building de Hofpoort ( located on Het Hofplein) will be the Centre for one whole evening, night and day which makes it a 24hour festival.
- 23 June 2013 - 23 June 2013 Swan Market Festival / Grotekerkplein
Lifestyle market for interior design, fashion, vintage, jewellery, accessories and affordable art, not to mention fun stands featuring kids designs, ceramics and much more.
- 28 June 2013 - 28 June 2013 Rotterdam Laat Open / Centrum Rotterdam
Shop till you drop in downtown Rotterdam until 11 p.m.!
- 28 June 2013 - 14 July 2013 North Sea Round Town / Centrum Rotterdam
Jazz takes Rotterdam over completely for more than two weeks. From living rooms to metro stations, from jazz cafés to Ahoy, you can enjoy jazz music of all sorts throughout the city.
- 29 June 2013 - 29 June 2013 The Nieuwe Binnenweg... Lives! / Nieuwe Binnenweg
A row of unusual figures stands silent and motionless between Eendrachtsplein and the ’s-Gravendijkwal. Take a closer look: they may seem like statues, but thorough inspection will reveal that they are not stone and metal, but flesh and blood!
- 30 June 2013 - 7 July 2013 Citrix World Port Tournament Baseball / Neptunus Familie Stadion
World-class baseball teams compete in this 12th edition of Europe’s biggest baseball event.
- 7 July 2013 - 7 July 2013 Metropolis Festival / Zuiderpark
An annual open-air music festival. Unique, adventurous, unusual and trendsetting, it’s a perfect chance for everyone to discover excellent, innovative and surprising talent. The programme is a mixture of pop, rock, hiphop, world music and dance.
- 12 July 2013 - 14 July 2013 Port of Rotterdam North Sea Jazz Festival / Ahoy Rotterdam
World-famous jazz festival encompasses the past, present and future of jazz, from traditional New Orleans jazz, free jazz and avant-garde jazz to electronic jazz. North Sea Jazz also includes blues, funk, soul, R&B, hip-hop and Latin.
- 20 July 2013 - 21 July 2013 StreetScience (tbc) / BIRD
International hiphop festival opens up various facets of hiphop to a broader audience.
- 24 July 2013 - 28 August 2013 Fit For Free Wednesday Night Skate / Binnenrotte
The Wednesday Night Skate brings out thousands of skaters for a friendly and active evening. The 13km course is suitable for all sorts of skaters - young and old, quads and inlines.
- 9 August 2013 - 11 August 2013 Duizel in het Park / Vroesenpark
The Vroesenpark becomes an oasis of literature, visual art, theatre and music.
- 10 August 2013 - 10 August 2013 Boothstock / Zuiderpark
Boothstock Festival – A Celebration of Progressive Electronic Dance Music focuses on the creative story behind the dj. That is why the line up only features dj’s who produce tracks as well.
- 14 August 2013 - 1 September 2013 Pleinbioscoop (Open-air cinema) / Museumpark
The biggest open-air cinema under the starry skies screens Hollywood smash hits, famous arthouse films and the highlights of world film.
- 18 August 2013 - 18 August 2013 City Racing Rotterdam / Centrum Rotterdam
Experience the Formula 1 live on the streets of Rotterdam! This unique racing event in the city centre offers spectacular demonstrations by first-class national and international race cars and drivers.
- 24 August 2013 - 25 August 2013 Noord Bruist Festival / Noordplein
On 24 and 25 August, the north of Rotterdam will transform the Noordplein for a free festival.
- 25 August 2013 - 25 August 2013 Day of Romantic Music (Dag van deRomantische Muziek) / Park bij de Euromast
Concerts will be held at various stages featuring elegant classic music and popular romantic tunes, gypsy music and arias.
- 31 August 2013 - 31 August 2013 OVG Veerhaven Concert / Veerhaven
A classical open-air concert in Rotterdam’s most charming harbour. Enjoy waterfront performances by the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra and others from the quay or in the comfort of your own sloop.
- 1 September 2013 - 1 September 2013 Ronde van Katendrecht / Deliplein
A legendary bicycle race on Rotterdam’s famous peninsula. Featuring theatre, live music, entertainment and attractions for the whole family.
- 6 September 2013 - 8 September 2013 Shantyfestival / Oude Haven
History will come to life in the oldest harbour area of Rotterdam. Ancient crafts, traditional costumes and historic ships and transport will ensure unique images of a bygone era.
- 6 September 2013 - 8 September 2013 World Port Days / Port of Rotterdam
A delight for people of all ages who love sailing ships, ports and maritime adventures. Spectacular demonstrations on the water, impressive ships and exciting port excursions.
- 6 September 2013 - 8 September 2013 Rotterdam Philharmonic Gergiev Festival 2013 / De Doelen a.o. venues
The festival presents a richly varied programme of opera, enchanting symphonic music, happenings and musical pearls with world-class artists.
- 6 September 2013 - 8 September 2013 Maritime Quarter / Leuvehaven, Wijnhaven en Oude Haven
History comes to live in Rotterdam’s oldest inner harbour. Time-honoured crafts, traditional folkwear and historic ships and vehicles paint a lovely picture.
- 7 September 2013 - 7 September 2013 De Nacht van de Kaap / Katendrecht
This is your chance to go on a musical pub crawl through Rotterdam’s most notorious neighbourhood. Witness the revival of Katendrecht’s former glory as the sailors quarters of the city during de Nacht van de Kaap.
- 13 September 2013 - 15 September 2013 The World of Witte de With / Witte de Withstraat
The three-day arts festival presents visual arts, architecture, theatre, dance, film and music. This year’s edition highlights drones (flying robots).
- 14 September 2013 - 15 September 2013 24 Hours of Culture / several locations
During the festival, the city will be dominated by theatre, dance, visual arts, music and film. Sample the upcoming cultural season and enjoy an appealing, diverse and surprising programme for 24 hours. Check out premières, see exceptional projects and take a peek behind the scenes.
- 19 September 2013 - 29 September 2013 De Keuze (The Choice) / Rotterdamse Schouwburg
12-day festival of theatre, media, music, thought-provoking performance and delicious drinks. An extraordinary selection of national and international theatre.
- 21 September 2013 - 21 September 2013 Rotterdam Harvest Festival / Heemraadsplein
Farmers from the greater Rotterdam area offer locally produced foods, mostly organic. The theme of this year’s edition is ‘Land of Milk and Honey’. There will also be music, tasty treats and children’s activities.
For more information on how to enjoy and discover Rotterdam contact our Concierge via direct telephone number +31 (0)10 430 2418 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.