Arts & Culture
Rotterdam features more than 700 years of history, arts and culture.
Below are a some museums we recommend that are worthwhile to visit:
- The Boijmans Van Beuningen Museum houses collections of world class. The museum manages collections in old art, modern and present-day art, industrial art and design.
- Kunsthal Rotterdam A visit to the Kunsthal, a special Art Gallery, is a fascinating trip past old masters, forgotten cultures, fascinating photos, innovative design and present-day art.
- Wereldmuseum Rotterdam Admire top exhibits from Asia, Oceania, Africa, America and the Islamic culture area in the World Museum. You will be told the spiritual significance of each exhibit.
- Maritiem Museum Rotterdam In the middle of the bubbling heart of Rotterdam lies the Maritime Museum, the oldest shipping museum in The Netherlands. The museum tells the history of The Netherlands, in which world port Rotterdam has a special place and takes you into the present and future of the fascinating maritime world.
- Witte de With Center for Contemporary Art is an alternative to the more traditional museums of modern and contemporary art, to artists' initiatives and to commercial galleries.The center often serves as a springboard to a professional career for many beginning curators, critics, scholars and educators.
- Havenmuseum With the aid of a collection of authentic ships, port machinery and engines, the Havenmuseum shows you history from 1850 to 1970. The historic ships, machines and parts along the quay are on view to visitors.
- The Natural History Museum Rotterdam is very much concerned with nature in the Rotterdam region, without losing sight of the rest of the world and geological history.
- The Netherlands Architecture Institute (NAi) is more than a museum. It is an Archive, Museum, Library and Cutural stage all in one.
- The Nederlands Fotomuseum makes its collection of 90,000 photos accessible by pictures, texts, sounds and films.You will walk through decades of Dutch photography and history.
- The Cube homes are an integral part of Rotterdam's cityscape. The Show Cube is a furnished museum home in the Blaakse Bos.
For more information on how to enjoy and discover Rotterdam contact our Concierge via direct telephone number +31 (0)10 430 2418 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.